One of Three

I made a promise to myself that I would only buy three sweaters this fall and winter season. So far, I’m doing OK, but it’s only October. It will be interesting to see how I handle the end of season sweater sales, especially since I would love to get my hands on more of these J.Crew Tippi sweaters.  I already have already purchased sweater #2 (which I will show in a later post), but I’m thinking long and hard about sweater #3. I’m pretty sure I want it to be a big and cozy cowl neck sweater. I saw a great one at the Theory outlet but I convinced myself at the time that it was overwhelmingly big for my small frame. However, now that I’ve left it behind, I’m having second thoughts.

DSC09265_2 DSC09256_2 DSC09254J.Crew Tippi Sweater / Forever21 Trousers /  Nine West reversible belt / Coach Letty Wedge Boot / Michael Kors Runway Watch

I purposely left out the jewelry in this outfit. You might find this hard to believe, but I like the slight masculinity that the lack of jewelry gives off (yes, that was sarcasm :P); the three-quarter sleeves and the pop of color of the sweater helps balance it out a little bit.

You can’t really see much of my feet, but I’m actually wearing Coach wedge boots. They’re a perfectly classic almond toe, that is just the perfect height I want in a wedge boot for work. I’m generally not a fan of Coach handbags, but I have to admit, whoever is designing their boots is doing a pretty impressive job.

1. Really Petite October 25, 2011

You look extra tall in this outfit- not sure if it’s the pants or what but you look long and lean! Love the purple sweater and I wish I could look this good in pants…LOL

2. Amber October 25, 2011

im amazed that you’re only getting 3 sweaters. i’m excited to see the next one! how do you decide?

3. Petite LG October 25, 2011

The color of your sweater is so gorgeous! It’s hard not to buy sweaters during the cold months. That’s why I like the idea of making a wish list and sticking to it =)

4. Cher October 25, 2011

Um, my decision is based on how bad I want it. LOL. The last one is going to be difficult because if I buy it and find another one that I like more I’m going to be kicking myself for MONTHS. The other two criterion are that it has to be versatile and good quality. The purpose of limiting myself is to make sure I buy some really great quality items that will last years and that I will love just as long instead of buying tons low quality pieces that I’m just going to end up tossing after just a few seasons. So I gave myself a three sweater limit with no price restriction–I can’t bring myself to spend more than $200 on a single sweater anyway (yet). It makes sure that my purchases are *good* purchases. We’ll see if I stick to it.

5. Cher October 25, 2011

I have a wishlist, it just keeps getting longer and longer. LOL. But sweaters are so hard for me to resist during the winter months as well. I bought so many last year,that I’ve decided to try and cut down because I could really use more blouses instead. Hopefully, my attention to sweaters will be diverted to items that I really need rather than things that I just want.

6. Eboni Ife' October 26, 2011

Yeeeees! I love the look of this with no jewelry. It’s perfect and minimal, but the splash of purple keeps it fresh.

7. Violet October 26, 2011

Lol at the lack of jewelry comment.  This year, I only wore jewelry twice, each grudgingly to special occasions.  I just dislike it. =p