Letting it all hang out

DSC09445_2 DSC09444_2 DSC09439_2 DSC09436_2
Ann Taylor Leopard Trench Blouse / J Brand Lightweight Lovestory / Zara Blazer, popped collar / Forever21 Necklace   Le Chateau Ring / Coach Letty Wedge Boots / Botkier Charlotte Clutch

I’ve been experimenting with my shirt-tails lately. Fully tucked in, the “mullet”-tuck (think J.Crew), and all hanging out. The mullet-tuck and a fully showing shirt-tail isn’t always so appropriate for work, but it’s still kind of fun to see how it looks under layers of different lengths. In this case, a shorter jacket.

The story behind this AT Leopard Trench Blouse: I am in love with it.  I’m not sure what possessed me to try this on in the store, but when I did, there was no doubt that I wasn’t leaving the store without it. In fact, I loved it so much, I didn’t even really pay too much attention to the fit (does anyone else do this?!). It felt a little small in 0P (my regular size), but I thought that was just because it was polyester and there wasn’t much stretch to it. But when I brought it home (to Canada, no less), I realized that it was *REALLY* small.  I’m pretty much a 0P/XSP on top across the board in most brands, sometimes an XXSP, or a regular XS in Canadian or Euro-brand things. But I had to exchange this for a 2P! I don’t think that’s ever happened before in my lifetime. But even still in 2P it is still a little snug across the chest when buttoned up all the way, and I’m not even large chested. I contemplated going up to a 4P but thought that this would make the blouse way too boxy around the waist. I love this thing though and I thought I would never be one to wear a leopard blouse. How things change.

1. The Girlie Blogger November 16, 2011

Ok this look is so hot I don’t even know what to say Ioce it’s understated sexiness.

2. Rites of Beauty Blogger November 17, 2011

I love your style and I’m definitely adding “mullet tuck” to my list of favourite fashion expression.

3. Canadianpetite November 17, 2011

My office must be soooo casual or else I’m pushing it with the shirttail thing. Your blazer is so unique!

4. Jenn November 17, 2011

I’ve always  fiddled around with the different types of tucking and have only settled for the regular ‘tuck-everything-in’ tuck.  I love your jacket btw!  Its super chic.  And your hair looks amazing!!!

5. TOBeautyReviews November 17, 2011

Those jeans and that blazer is fantastic! Would love to see just the blouse on you!

6. Ailyn Tran November 17, 2011

I love that structured jacket!  It definitely brings this really cool & sleek vibe to your look.  🙂

7. Polka Princess November 17, 2011

Such a smart blazer!! <3

8. AUBS* November 17, 2011

you have a lot of amazingly fitted pants that make you look statuesque.

9. Cher November 17, 2011

Haha. I was actually going through my pant/jean collection the other night and thought that I’ve done pretty darn well. But it’s taken me so many years to find them and build a good collection. Lots of patience and buying/returning and I’m not afraid to splurge a bit when I do finally find a great pair. Being so small, a lot of the time we don’t have that luxury of finding an inexpensive well-fitting pair of trousers, so if you really want a pair, you just have to invest. Of course, it then becomes a problem when you find an expensive brand that consistently fits you well across the board because then you want to buy as many as can get your hands on. Theory is killing me right now. 😛

10. Cher November 17, 2011

Haha. Thanks Jenn! I finally got a haircut! =D

11. Cher November 17, 2011

LOL. Sometimes I push the mullet-tuck at the office. I’d be kind of afraid in certain office environments, but the work site that I’m usually at is pretty darn casual but I still try not to look as sloppy as some other people I’ve seen.

12. Katherine November 18, 2011

Love the leopard top peeking out! Such a chic, great look 🙂