Very subtly yours

I decided to be a little cheezy for Single’s Awareness Day/Valentine’s Day by wearing my heart print blouse. But to not make it so obvious, I threw on my blue cardigan over top. LOL. I wonder if anyone noticed the heart pattern?

DSC01966_2 DSC01959_2
LOFT cardigan / Jacob Heart-print tie-neck blouse / GAP Really Skinny Pants / Marc Fisher Kevins Boot / Michael Kors Runway Watch / Aldo Ring

I almost didn’t post this outfit. Things are kind of crazy right now; there are a lot of things happening at once career-wise and I’m trying to sort it out as much as I can without stressing, but I’m feeling the pressure–all of which I have placed on myself, of course. I feel like things are finally starting move, but hopefully it’s just not another tease because I felt like this about the same time last year and that didn’t work out so well. =/ I’m crossing my fingers that this will have an opposite outcome. However, as a result of all this craziness, blog outfits might be a bit more infrequent the next few weeks.

On a more positive note, I have a few upcoming blog-related surprises for all of you, so stay tuned! Plus, I’m going to be making my first trip to NYC next week! Any suggestions on places to check out??

1. Phoebe February 15, 2012

Hi Cher.  I empathize about work. I hope everything works out for in your favor and the dress doesn’t get to you.  Best of luck!

Oh regarding NYC…so many places to eat.
    I haven’t had a chance to check out the new Uniqlo store i think on 5th ave…but I recommend that store. But in terms of food…there’s so many wonderful places. But one place I’ve heard great things about is Spotted Pig, and I love eating soup dumplings at Joe’s Shangai in China Town.  If you’re in the mood for Korean…there’s a korean restaurant called Keun Jip that’s open 24 hrs.  There’s tons of other places too. ahhh love  NYC!   Hope you have a great time in NYC! 😀

2. Phoebe February 15, 2012

forgot to mention. cute blouse!! 😀

3. Aubrey Dang February 16, 2012

the last time you wore this blouse, i pinned ya!  i love it!

4. gen February 16, 2012

Good Luck & hope the career moves work out (I am a tax consult in nyc).  Lots of good places to eat and shop.

5. nyker February 17, 2012

i hope everything works out career wise.  definitely grab icecream from chinatown icecream factory, for cheap eats try vanessa’s dumplings for their scallion bread sandwiches (so cheap & delicious)

6. TOBeautyReviews February 17, 2012

Wow I didn’t even notice the hearts! Have fun in NYC, I’ve never been so I always look forward to posts about visiting there. 🙂

7. DB February 18, 2012

Love it…it’s very “work-attire” appropriate.

cheers,

DB

8. CynthiaC.M. February 18, 2012

Oooo, I FLOVE NYC!  Some of my favourite restaurants include Landmarc and Bouchon Bakery (both at Shops at Columbus Circle) as well as Forty Carrots at Bloomingdales.  There’s also a snack bar type place on the fifth floor of Saks Fifth Avenue.

Don’t do Chinese food and expect the kind of stuff you get in Toronto.  If you want Asian at all, have Japanese or fusion.

9. Cher February 20, 2012

I’m surprised that you say that about the Chinese food! I thought NYC would be the one of two US cities that would actually have some good ones (the other being SF). But now that I think about it, whenever my friends go to NYC and asian food it’s always Japanese or fusion. Interesting.

10. Cher February 20, 2012

Thanks, Gen! I’m crossing my fingers!

11. Cher February 20, 2012

Scallion bread sandwiches sound delicious! Thanks, I’ll look into it! 🙂

12. Cher February 20, 2012

Thanks, Phoebe!! I do think a trip to Chinatown is in order. I am intrigued about Uniqlo too even though I shouldn’t be shopping! Nothing wrong with a small peek though, right? LOL.

13. Cynthia C. M. February 20, 2012

Ehh… don’t be surprised.  I’m a CBC (Canadian born Chinese) girl of Hong Kong descent who’s probably very spoiled from the type of Chinese food one can get here.  I’d say that Chinese food wise, Toronto and Vancouver have the best in North America.

14. Cher February 20, 2012

well i would say that whether you are CBC or not (yes, i know what that stands for, I have plenty of Chinese friends LOL), if  you have access to what you can get in Toronto, I would say you are spoiled, particularly if you are familiar with sub-par stuff you generally find in the US. I’ve had the worse Chinese food of my life in the US, while my American friends taste the same thing and say it’s really good. Wth? Haha. But honestly, with everyone who raves about the amazing food you can find in NYC, I would think they’d have good Chinese food.