Saying farewell

I apologize for a super-slow blog lately. The fact of the matter is, I’ve packed up most of my clothes and shoes in boxes already. The only clothes left are a few basics that I will wear in rotation for the next few weeks before the big move, and suits and silk blouses that I likely won’t pack until the last minute to prevent wrinkling. Here’s a sneak peek at my life right now:

Yep.

Actually, I’ve managed to fit my much of my clothes into just three boxes. But then what is in those stacked boxes, you ask? Those, my dears, are my shoes. They are all in their original boxes which is why there are so many of them. I’ve been trying to Tetris the smaller shoeboxes into larger boxes to minimize space but that was the best I could do.

I wore the following outfit to a “Good-bye” dinner my friends threw me on the weekend. I usually don’t do much on the weekend to require that I get dressed up, but I take advantage of every opportunity to dress  “downtown chic”. At the same time, however, I will try to soften up the look a little bit so that it is appropriate to the venue and the occasion. In this case, I wore this J.Crew heart-print silk blouse:

DSC06242 DSC06270J.Crew Silk Boy Shirt Alice + Olivia Front Zip Leather Leggings /  LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Amelie Pumps / Botkier Charlotte Clutch (similar here) / Le Chateau Ring

Yes, those are leather pants I’m wearing. Other than my new suit, it was the one other Black Friday purchase that I made, and I admit, it was completely crazy. It’s kind of my self-congratulatory/Christmas gift to myself, and I absolutely *adore* them. The leather is buttery soft and the fit tight at the ankle. The hem is unfinished so it can be cut to preferred length, which I have yet to do. It has a front zip, no back pockets and a partial elastic waist. They do fit *very* small. I’m wearing them in a size 0 and at first, I couldn’t slide myself into them. I was ready to send them back, even handing the box to my concierge the next morning. But I was so sad about it that I called him up a few hours later while at work and told him not to send it out. I’m sure he thought I was crazy. But I made another attempt to put them on when I got home, wiggling into them as if they were pantyhose and I managed to zip them up. Keep in mind that leather stretches, especially unlined leather, so it needs to be super snug or you might end up with something that is one to two sizes too big after a few wears. I’m still trying to break these in as I can’t quite bend my knees all the way yet, but I’m working on it.

In lieu of outfit posts the next few weeks, I may do some boot reviews. Otherwise, you could be seeing a lot of these leather pants on this blog. 🙂

1. Petite LG December 10, 2012

I don’t think I can pull off the leather pants trend but they look great on you. Good luck with everything, Cher!

2. Joanna December 10, 2012

Good luck with the move and the new job!

3. Shan December 10, 2012

Hi Cher,

long time silent reader of your blog – I really like your style – professional and sleek with a bit of edginess or twist to it! Congratulations on finding your new job! While I understand that updates might be less frequent, I really hope you find time for the occasional post – thanks to you I have been inspired to try on more colors and styles that I otherwise would not have chosen. Hope the move goes well for you!

4. lisacng @ expandng.com December 10, 2012

Bravo to you for packing up nicely and getting into those leather pants. HOT! Great silk blouse too!!!

5. Carol Li December 11, 2012

The leather pants look lovely on you. Unfortunately I don’t have the legs to wear them 🙁

6. Cher December 12, 2012

Haha, thanks Lisa! =)

7. Cher December 12, 2012

Thank you so much, Shan!! I hope to keep this blog going for as long as I can. I will probably need a creative and artistic outlet even after starting my new job. I promise to do my best! =)

8. Cher December 12, 2012

I think you would look hot in leather pants, Sydney! You look awesome after baby! =D Thank you for the well wishes. I hoping for a relatively smooth transition (there’s always a few bumps, but hoping to be “bump-free” this time around).

9. Brian December 18, 2012

Too funny, I can totally relate to the 3 boxes of shoes. I like to keep the boxes for my shoes too. Love the leather pants, they look absolutely stunning on you. I bought a fake pair during Black Friday from H&M. They aren’t near as nice as yours.

Have a safe move and wonderful Christmas and holiday season

10. TOBeautyReviews December 19, 2012

Cher – late to commenting but I LOOOOVE those leggings! The link isn’t working for me though 🙁 Goodbyes are always sad….selfishly I look forward to having you in Toronto though 😉

11. oh my goodness, i just pulled up blogger to look for posts i’d missed. those leggings. i hope they’re getting even better, they look amazing!