First Look

My first outfit post since the move. I rearranged my bedroom so I could have this bare wall for taking my blog photos. You can still see the indentation in the carpet from where my cabinet used to be, but I really like the minimalist look of it:

DSC06822_2
Wilfred by Aritzia Exquis Jacket / Jacob Necktie Blouse / (similar here) / Theory Jeldra B Tailor Pants  /  Coach Letty Wedge Boot (similar) /  Le Chateau Ring / Michael Kors Runway Watch MK5076

I purchased this Wilfred by Aritzia blazer over the weekend. I’ve been searching for this jacket for months and couldn’t find it in store, but I think I was just looking in the wrong spot because the SA pulled it out from an area of the store that I usually bypass. I initially put this on in a size 0, which is my usual Aritzia size for tops and jackets and it was super tiny! After trying on several sizes, I ended up with a size 4!! I was pretty baffled, especially given that I’m currently sitting at the lower end of my usual weight range. But when I found the right size, it was love. It cuts beautifully on the body and is extremely versatile–great for work and play–and works with both a collared and non-collared blouse or top. It’s currently on sale right now for $120 down from $195. You can buy a few colors online, but be super super careful. I would try on in-store first and then order online or have the SA order in your color because items on sale at Aritzia are FINAL, FINAL sale. And what I mean by FINAL, FINAL sale is that there are no returns or exchanges for credit or otherwise. You buy it, you’re stuck with it. However, an option that the SA gave me if you are really unsure, is to purchase full price so that you will have the 14-day return period and if you’ve finally decided that you want to keep it, take it back to the store for a price adjustment. The good thing about this option is that  not only will you be able to think about it, the price will only get cheaper.

I’ve already purchased two of my five items for my Five-Item Challenge and it’s only mid-January. At the moment, I’m not too optimistic I’m going to be successful this time around, but I’m going to keep trying (despite the fact that I have to walk through a mall to get to the office!).

1. Phoebe January 14, 2013

Cher the two blazers you picked up are gorgeous! I especially love the fit and shape of the Wilfred Exquis Jacket. So lucky you can walk into Aritzia and Jacob. 🙂 Hope everything is going well in your new job! xoxo, Phoebe

2. m January 15, 2013

Great outfit! I’ve been reading your posts for a little while and I’m glad you are continuing to blog after your move from D.C.

3. Joanna January 16, 2013

The cut of the jacket is really beautiful! You chose a great colour.

4. Elle January 17, 2013

Love the outfit! Glad you are back to posting more often.

5. lisacng @ expandng.com January 17, 2013

Such a cool outfit and great looking blazer!

6. Diana Streng January 17, 2013

That is a very professional looking outfit! Have you ever thought of a nice brooch for your jackets? Sometimes they can seem matronly, but I think it would look cool – something to wear in place of the eye-catching watch. If you don’t mind the pin-holes 😛 (http://www.amazon.com/Peridot-Crystal-Rhinestone-Grasshopper-Locust/dp/B002S1AAGI/ref=sr_1_123?s=jewelry&ie=UTF8&qid=1358468337&sr=1-123)

7. Cher January 17, 2013

Haha well I never would do it IN PLACE of the watch. The watch is more of a functional piece than a fashion piece and it’s the only one I have right now that actually works. Lol. I find having to pull out a cell phone to look at the time can be distracting and rude when in the company of others, while looking at a watch can be done a bit more subtly. But a brooch or pin would be a great idea with this jacket with a blouse without a print! I was looking for one in the summer time but I guess I forgot about it when I couldn’t find one I liked. Thx for the suggestion!

8. Cher January 17, 2013

Thx Lisa!

9. Cher January 17, 2013

Haha I’m trying! Lets hope it lasts! 😉

10. Cher January 17, 2013

Thanks, M! I’m trying to do my best. I’m finding it harder and harder to have some downtime but we’ll see how it goes.

11. Cher January 17, 2013

Thanks Phoebe! I’m loving the Exquis Jacket as well! I’m considering getting a second one in white!

12. TOBeautyReviews January 18, 2013

LOOOVE that blazer Cher!! That’s a pretty generous sale price for Aritzia 😛

13. Cher January 18, 2013

Lol. It is isn’t it? The suits were on sale for a really price too, I was surprised!

14. Ai May 29, 2013

Hello Cher!
    Love your posts! The blazer is very nice… I have been eyeing on a less formal blazer and I think the collarles is perfect! And you look lovely in this outfit.
    Well, I am also finding Theory 00 pants fit me perfectly! Unfortunatelly, I moved from US to Switzerland and Theory does not ship to Switzerland. Would you mind sharing other brand that carry pants that fit you without alteration? Perhaps I can try those brand too… Based on your recommendations! It is really a challenge for me finding the perfect pants! 🙂

Thanks a million!

15. Cher May 30, 2013

Hmmm, the only other trousers that I have found that fit off the rack are those from Club Monaco and Aritzia, but I don’t think either of those stores ship Internationally? Although, i did once have a pair of Vince trousers that fit perfectly without alterations (I returned them, but not due to fit issues). If you find that Theory pants work well, I would probably order them from somewhere that does ship Internationally like Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Shopbop, or Revolve. But given that live in Europe now, it might be easier for you to find pants because their European sizing tends to run smaller than American sizing. Good luck with it! I know that pants can be so difficult to find!