So it’s actually been a very long time since I’ve done a beauty post. And with the Sephora sale starting tomorrow, I figure it’s time I share my latest beauty faves.
All images from Sephora.
- 1. Laneige Lip and Eye Makeup Remover. You can only get this in the Canadian e-store, but oh man, is it great. I was really upset when they were out of stock for months and I thought they discontinued it. But place this on your lid with a cotton pad for a few seconds and everything just comes right off. Staple.
- 2. Make up forever Artist Color Eye Shadow. I’m an eyeshadow junkie even though I don’t even wear the stuff on a daily basis. But I love how pigmented and creamy these shadows are even though they in powder form.
- 3. Pat McGrath Labs Permagel Ultra Glide Eye Pencil. I’ve used UD 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil for years, and although I still think its great, the Permagel Pencil is my new go-to. Super black and doesn’t budge.
- 4. Sephora Collection Long Lasting Eyeliner High Precison Brush. Although Kat von D Tattoo Liner is what I use to draw across my lid, this High Precision Brush is amazing for getting a very accurate little flick for that subtle cat-eye. It’s very black and it doesn’t budge.
- 5. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Foundation have been using Dior DiorSkin Forever Perfect Foundation for years now, and recently started using Giorgio Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Foundation. Both are very similar in coverage and finish and I think both are great. I was just so tempted to try Fenty and honestly, I am super impressed. It goes on a few shades light, but eventually oxidizes down perfectly. It’s really long wearing and doesn’t clog my pores (I’m extremely clog prone). The finish is different depending on the brush I use. Using Marc Jacobs Beauty The Face 1 Liquid Foundation Brush No. 1, I get a slightly dewier/glowier finish than with the Fenty Full Bodied Foundation Brush 110 which gives a more soft matte finish (the Fenty brush, by the way, is a really beautiful brush and this is saying a lot from brush hoarder). The application of a fuller coverage foundation is a different beast than your sheer and medium coverage makeup but I highly recommend giving this a try.
- 6. Too Faced Ethereal Setting Powder. While Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder is great, I appreciate the slightly more luminous finish. Both work well to set and bake.
Remember 15% for VIB members and Rouge and 10% for Beauty Insiders at Sephora starts tomorrow! Use codes: YAYROUGE, YAYVIB or YAYINSIDER
Shop some of my other tried and trues below:
This post contains affiliate links.